Saturday, March 6, 2010

MacDonald’s Breakfast Deluxe

I have been dreaming of having MacDonald Breakfast!
 
For the past few weeks, I have been forcing myself to wake up earlier to get them. For one reason or another, I did not manage to satisfy my cravings.
 
Well, I woke up quite early on some days, but especially weekends, the prospect of having worrying what to wear and putting on full face make-up just to travel a short distance to MacDonald puts me off.
 
Yes, I understand perfectly – lazy bird does not get the worm. Big Bird especially needs to go on Diet not worm anyway. 
 
I think God heard my wish and decide to grant it last Friday!
 
 
I ordered their new supersized breakfast set – Breakfast Deluxe.
 
 
In it, there is the sausage meat (1 pc), scrabble eggs, hotcakes (2 pcs), MacMuffin….
 
Of course, there is my favourite fried potatoes stuff – The Hash Browns!
 

Not forgetting the accompaniments – Hotcake Syrup, Whipped Cream, Grape jam!

I know we are supposed to eat heartily for breakfast, but the breakfast deluxe portion is just too big. I felt that it was too loaded with carbohydrates. While I could not finish it, but one of my colleague did. She scolded me wasteful for throwing half of the hotcake away which I retorted that she would grow fat. Amazingly, she went on to order carbs-loaded fried rice for lunch! Seriously, where did all the fat go? I couldn’t find them on her body.

Sometime in life, one might be happier to have their wishes or craving unfulfilled. They tend to stay perfect in the person’s imagination. It can be extremely disappointing when the things you wanted so much turn out to be different from what you want.

Alright, feedback to MacDonald:

Could you all reduce the carbohydrates in the breakfast deluxe set? Why not give us more sausage meat than having two hot cakes… One group of food category is not there if you notice – fruits and vegetables! Why not offer apples on the side?

Then one important thing – the coffee sucks!

I mean you all are already charging us that much for breakfast set but we are still willing to pay it. Why not do us a favour? Give us a healthier breakfast set with stuff from all food categories?

Thank you!

Don’t get me wrong, I am still loving it! 

2 comments:

Sunkiiss said...

I absolutely love hash browns & egg macmuffins! =)Managed to satisfy my craving last week when I went to Suntec for a morning meeting =)

Photosophize [ 影.像.物语 ] said...

So good! I would have opt for sausage egg muffins normally, but thought to try their supersized breakfast. I will go for orange or milo next time round. :)