Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chairlift – Evident Utensil

Quite evidently, I am very into Chairlift recently as you can tell from my recent postings – it is all about them.

It has been a long time since I got so excited about music again. Their music reminded of my younger days, when I still play the keyboard and how I always thought I could write “songs”. I can’t, but it was quite fun playing music. 

There is no right and no wrong way in making music. It is how you express your thoughts. This is what I gathered from Chairlift – just have fun experimenting with music.

I read somewhere that this song was about having writers’ block. “How hard must I try for you?”

I sometimes find it very hard to start a passage. I could stuck hours on the first few paragraph at times. However once I get pass them, everything will seems to fall into place.

Erm… Due to video effects, it might caused some discomforts. I got headache watching it, but the song is nice.

This is a remix of the song. I like it too, but the guy’s low key backing is missing. I quite like that backing effect.

Here is them singing the song live!

Lyrics of Evident Utensil

The most evident utensil is none other than a pencil,
Not a multicolored stencil, nor a camry crew

*How hard must I try
(How hard must I try)
How hard must I try for you-oo-oo
You see me rolling in the dirt
(You see me rolling in the dirt),
You see me crawling up the walls for you-oo-oo-ooo*

The most evident utensil is none other than a pencil
Writer tell me what you want from me before my paper is through

REPEATED*

How hard must I try
(How hard must I try)
How hard must I try for you-oo-oo
You see me rolling in the dirt
(You see me rolling in the dirt)
You see me crawling up the walls by you-oo-oo-ooo

REPEATED
(How hard must I try for you,try for you, must I try for you)
for you-ooo, for you-ooo...

No comments: