Friday, February 20, 2009

U.R.I - Upper Respiratory Tract Infection...

I guess the hot and dry weather finally caught up with me. I had upper respiratory tract infection again. Half-way relating the symptoms to the doctor and he immediately said it is the similar as the other time and began to scribble away. Yes, not sure why, but I am always very prone to respiratory and throat infection. This time round, the doctor gave me 2 days MC, so that I do not go around and spread my germs.

It started with the common flu and dry throat. Was sneezing the whole day at work the day before. The doctor prescript anti-biotics, flu tablets, medicine for infection. I felt rather amused looking at the amount of medication I have to take. If I could, I rather drink pi pa gao and wait for it to heal. I actually never like to see doctor because I am one of those few people who do not know how to swallow pills. Sometimes, I need to drink about 500 ml just to swallow the tiny flu tablets. Hai~ I wonder how am I going to finish off the cute pink and white coloured anti-botics course.

Then today, despite drinking a lot of water, the dryness got worse and I am trying very hard to suppress coughing, but I guess it could not be contained much longer. Just took some of my brother’s cough syrup (it tasted like it though it was not stated what it was) and I counting down to knock out time.

Pardon me, if I am not making sense. I am not supposed to operate any machinery now, let alone writing coherent article... ...

*Cough, cough... Yawning… Think cough syrup is taking effect now. Good night…

No comments: