Monday, February 16, 2009

Auf Wiedersehen... My Youth!

I went to visit my hairstylist after work just now. Sadly, it will be the last cut from my hairstylist for she is going back to Malaysia soon. I began to panic when she told me about it few months back. I thought to myself - where am I going to find someone as good as her? She might not be the best hairstylist in other people's opinions, but she is the best for me. What am I going to do without her? What will I looked like? Just the thought of it is enough to throw me deep into depression...

Guys probably do not understand the relationship that a woman has with her hairstylist. It is akin to finding the right man! Once you find the right person, you will never ever want to leave him. Hairstylists not only cut hair, but also takes on many roles too. In my view, she is the image consultant, self-esteem booster, gossip pal and of course the one who can bestow you the perfect hair-day for months to come...

I have been sticking with her for about 3 years. Prior meeting her, I salon-hopped one from another, trying to find the perfect cut, but to no avail. Not sure why, a lot of hairstylists tend to give me hairstyle which make me looked older than my actual age. She is the only one which makes me looked my age which is quite a feat already... So now, I have to start looking for another salon with the perfect cut which I will feel comfortable in, where the hairstylist would be able to recognise me and address me by name. I also have to "re-trained" the hairstylist on what I like and dislike. Arggghhhh~

Then, I came to realise something today. I was buying food and the auntie said "Xie Xie Ni, Xiao Mei~!". I did not pay much attention to it, but just now, while staring at the mirror, it suddenly dawned on me - I am not young anymore... I wondered how many more people would actually address me as "xiao mei" and I did not think about this until today. Technically, as much as I do not wish to acknowledge, I am an adult and in a few years, I will be 30. Where did the time go? Why am I not prepared at all? I swear I could hear the clock ticking louder at the realisation moment.

Hmm... past quarter of a centry and with nothing on hand (literally), I think I need to review my life seriously before it was over. Someone should have told me earlier that life goes into fast-forward mode once you past 18 year old...

HELP!!!

No comments: