Saturday, June 7, 2008

Labels & Love (And the City)

Get carried away... Whoever that comes up with the slogan should be rewarded! I managed to catch the movie yesterday and thought perhaps we were too carried away. The content were hardly subtantial and I don't understand what is the hype about.

I have never watch the series before, but know that the famed HBO series had nude and sex scene in it. The show popularised Comopolitan cocktail drink, famous Manolo Blahnik high heel shoes and branded bags.

While the series main focus is on the 4 main characters's sexual desires and fantasies, the movie is milder as it focuses on love and labels, as in finding love and the perfect branded bag and heels. The whole show feel like one overage "girls" slumber party !

I really wonder what happened to their families members. Their world seems to be only revolved around their friends. The characters are somewhat overly superficial and that they fall over heels on brands and labels.

I mean some of the plots just does not make sense and seem unrealistic at times. I have to admit that it is an entertaining show as part of it are quite funny. However, it is quite boring as there isn't much content. If you have not watch it, I suggest you watch it on weekday. It is not worth $10.50.

Don't get too carried away.

No comments: