Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nick Vujicic - No Arms, No Legs, No Worries

I saw this video link on my friends’ Facebook page. Watching it, I was almost in tears.

Googled and found out that the speakers’ name is Nick Vujicic . An Australian, Nick is born limbless due to a rare disorder Tetra-amelia. He is 28 year-old this year…  (More information about him here)

I can relate to some of his lines “It is very hard to smile sometimes in life. At some point of your life, you encounter a storm and you wonder how long the storm is going to be…” (I assumed that the storm will stop, will it?)

He also said “It is a lie to think you are not good enough, it is a lie to think you are not worth anything…” At times when self-esteem is really low, I really feel I am worthless. But there are also times when I can differentiate some scheming opportunists trying to crush my ego for the sake of highlighting their superiority. Nope, in situation like that, I do know I am better than what they say of me. :P

Be thankful…I personally feel that it is very hard to be thankful with what you already have. In time of hardship or in face of a crisis, you tend forget what you already owned.

On that note, I did something sinful again. I thought I will regret if I did not at least ask. Well, speechless. It is an unfortunate situation. They hurt me, I hurt him, it hurt me and I eventually hurt him again. Ultimately, I will be the one who feels the most pain…Like what I am feeling right now.

This episode is the biggest regret of my life. If only we could turn back time, I would have done things differently…

In the meantime, watch these other videos of Nick Vujicic that I managed to find on YouTube. They are quite humourous, but very inspirational.

There is a liner which he said that I like – “There is a perfect time for everything, not now, but it is coming…” I hope better times are on the cards for me. I also wish that God will look after all the good people who have helped me in one way or another.

Moving on…

No comments: