Sunday, April 8, 2012

In Full Bloom

I took my Nikon D5100 camera out last week for a test shoot. Here is a preview of its micro function.

DSC_0057a

A beautiful white flower in full bloom after the morning rain.

DSC_0062a

Is this the smallest orchid in the world? I remember seeing the Malaysia Tourism Board commercial and there is a brief mention of Malaysia has a species of orchid that is hailed as the World’s smallest flower. I found this particular flower growing among the grass and it looked pretty similar to the one featured in the commercial. Anyone knows whether the smallest orchid can grow in Singapore too?

DSC_0065a

This is another random flower which I found growing in the grass patch. Its beautiful isn’t it?

Beautiful sights like these flowers are everywhere, but how many of us ever notice their existence?

No comments: