Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tis the season of expressing gratitude

Other than setting fire on plastic trees, exchanging mugs, stuffing self silly with cold turkeys and getting high on egg nogs, there are more important things to do during the Christmas season, such as expressing gratitude.

And so I did.

I am a rather sentimental person. Those who follows my blog will know it by now. Live life with no regrets. That is what I always tell myself. Don’t regret over things which you did not do then.

There is always an appropriate time for everything. Once you missed the best time to do something, you will never get the same reactions again.

Many people have passed through my life for the past one year. Some of them had left behind an impactful influence which shapes who I am today. I felt grateful in many way of those positive influences.

I am of the opinion that one should express those gratitude readily and promptly. As William Arthur Ward puts it, a gratitude not expressed is like a present wrapped but not giving it. What is the point? You know how you felt, but those who had influenced you might not.

What harm would it cost you or them if they knew how you felt about their influences? I am very puzzled when people laughed at me, calling me weird when I do that. So what if your friend knew how thankful you are towards somebody? What difference would it makes to those people who had influenced you? No differences because they don’t know.

My conscientious is clear. I treated people who matters sincerely. I meant every word I said. Interpreted my motives anyhow, I don’t have and I don’t care. What matters to me is them not you.

Speechless still. I sought forgiveness, if I had caused this much grief. It hurts me still and it remained speechless. I regretted what I did, but what else can I do?

Will it remain speechless always? I wish good health.

Regardless, I still have many more people whom I need to thank. Cherish this holiday season to thank those people who matters. A simple note of gratitude is worth more than the mug or some silly ornament.  

Don’t delay and regret... 

No comments: