Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday Brunch - French Toast with Musli

Woke up early so cooked some french toasts for brunch

I have always wanted to start my own business. One of my business idea was to open a bistro/cafe/stall serving nice breakfast and brunch. I first had that idea during poly school days. I was attached to this shipping company at Boon Lay which was very far away from my place. The company was small, but the office politics there can rival any MNC. Frankly speaking, the allowence was barely enough to cover my transport fees and I have to face a lot of devils everyday. It was a very miserable period ...

Anyway, back to the topic, I noticed a strange pheonoment unique to Boon Lay - there are quite a number of shops which opened very early selling packed breakfast and even lunch. I guess it is because Boon Lay was quite remoted, so people who worked there have to leave house early to be able to reach there in time. They might not have the time to buy breakfast from their place, so they will buy packed breakfast from Boon Lay to eat in office. Mind you, there are lot of such people and for some stalls, there will be queues.

I was imaging what to sell for breakfast, so that I can attact the most number of people. Of course, I cannot reveal my creation here. I believed I can make pot of money from it someday. :P Then, I was watching Asia Food Channel yesterday and one of the chef served French Toast with Musli. They didn't reveal the recipe, so I sort of created my own take of French Toast with Musli. Instead of golden syrup or maple syrup, I served mine with condense milk.

Ingredients:

Eggs (One egg can probably soak 3 pieces of breads)
Bread
Vanila Extract
a bit of Sugar (depending on how sweet you want it to be, but bear in mind that you can syrup and condense milk later on)
Butter to fry

Optional:

Milk
You can add milk to the egg solution, but I don't have it at home.

Served with:

Condense Milk and Maple Syrup
Musli Nuts etc

Method:

1. Crack the eggs in a bowl, add the vanila and sugar. Beat and mix well.
2. Dip the bread into the egg. Do not left it for too long as it will soak up a lot more eggs than needed and take a lot more time to cook.
3. Heat pan (medium heat) and melt butter. Place the soaked bread into the pan.
4. Leave it for 1 minute. Then flip over to the other side.
5. It will be ready when golden brown in colour.
6. To serve, drizzle some condense milk on the hot bread, and sprinkle the musli on top of it.
7. Eat while it is hot. Yummy.

No comments: